DESCRIPTION. Siliconized Dura-Coat Roof Coating is an ultra-white 100% acrylic elastomeric roof coating. This premium grade coating is designed with maximum reflectivity values to protect against the sun’s heat and harmful UV rays. This siliconized topcoat product forms a thick, rubber-like shield that expands and contracts over 350% to prevent roof damage. It resists cracking, peeling, and mildew while offering unbeatable weatherproof protection and maximum resistance to lifting under ponding water conditions.
USES. Siliconized Dura-Coat Roof Coating can be used over mineral surface roofing, aged aluminum, tar, asphalt, or hot-applied built-up roofing after application of PRODUCT NO. 210 emulsion. All large cracks and seams should also be reinforced with woven polyester fabric embedded into PRODUCT NO. 210. (on EPDM roofs, embed membrane over any large crack or seams into PRODUCT NO. 6000-S). This siliconized topcoat product can be directly applied over most previously white-coated sound roof surfaces. PRODUCT NO. 6500 is highly recommended for EPDM roofs or areas subject to unusually severe moisture conditions such as valleys, around roof drains, low spots or in any area where water is expected to be trapped on a roof.
SURFACE PREPARATION. A clean surface is absolutely essential in order to ensure proper adhesion of this material. If you want to ensure a clean surface, then follow these instructions.
(1) Previously coated surfaces: All dirt and unsound accumulations must be removed. Use TSP in order to remove any mildew or algae which may be present. Rinse with water. Where necessary, use sweeping and high pressure water hosing to clean the base surface. Allow water to completely dry before proceeding. Roof substrate must drain within 48 hours.
(2) Built-up Roofing: Must be 6 months or older. Clean and prime first with 1 gallon per 100 square feet of PRODUCT NO. 295, before application of finished white surfacing.
(3) Granule Surface: Must be clean, sound surface with no loose or foreign material.
(4) Rusty metal must be cleaned with a wire brush and primed with PRODUCT NO. 101 Asphalt primer prior to application of PRODUCT NO. 210 emulsion and PRODUCT NO. 6000-S Siliconized Dura-Coat Roof Coating. All fasteners must be tightly secured or replaced and encapsulated with PRODUCT NO. 501-W Patching Compound. All roof seams and flashings must be covered with PRODUCT NO. 501-W Patching Compound and membrane reinforcement.
(5) Polyurethane Foam Roofs: Prime surface with PRODUCT NO. 295 Surface conditioner prior to application of PRODUCT NO. 6000-S.
APPLICATION. Material should be stirred in the container and applied by a soft bristle brush or broom, a long nap roller or suitable spray equipment (minimum working pressure of 3000 PSI for airless sprayer). Coverage rates will vary depending on porosity of surface as well as roof pitch. Recommended application is two coats applied at right angles to previous coat by brush, roller, or spray for maximum reflectivity, durability and life cycles. First coat must dry before second coat is applied. During application, keep tools clean and free from coating build up by rinsing frequently with water. Adequate protection for most surfaces is obtained by the use of two gallons of Siliconized Dura-Coat Roof Coating per 100 sq. ft. applied in two coats.
Allow 24 to 72 hours depending on weather conditions and applications rate of curing prior to application of second coat. Do not apply unless temperature is 55°F and rising. Also, do not apply when rain or frost is forecast within 24 hours after application. However, conditions of high humidity will prevent curing in the usual four hours. Avoid heavy foot traffic.
KEEP PRODUCT FROM FREEZING.
DO NOT APPLY TO ANY SURFACES THAT CONTAIN SILICONE.
CLEAN-UP. Clean brushes, tools and other equipment with soapy water immediately after using this siliconized topcoat product. However, dried film may require paint remover.