Login / Register for Additional Discounts
- 100% acrylic with flexibility and reflectivity to protect the roof surface
- Reduces interior temperatures
- Reduces home cooling expenses
- 5-Year limited manufacturers warranty
DESCRIPTION. Enviro-Coat Roof Coating is a 100% acrylic roof coating that creates a durable sun reflective coating. The high reflective value of this acrylic topcoat helps to reduce interior temperature and protects the roof and roofing membrane by reducing heat absorption, asphalt oxidation and rapid thermal dimensional changes. It also decreases the chance of excessive loads being placed on cooling equipment.
USES. Enviro-Coat Roof Coating is specially designed to provide a tough weather resistant and decorative finish for mobile home tile and bituminous roof surfaces. This acrylic topcoat may be used over degreased or weathered aluminum, galvanized steel, primed steel, treated unweathered or weathered concrete. It can also be used on cured cold applied asphalt coatings, smooth surface roofings, and most prepared mineral surfaced roofings. This product can be directly applied over most previously white-coated sound roof surfaces.
SURFACE PREPARATION. A clean surface is absolutely essential for proper adhesion of this acrylic topcoat. In order to ensure a clean surface, follow these instructions.
(1) Previously coated surfaces: All dirt and unsound accumulations must be removed. Thus, you can use TSP to remove any mildew or algae which may be present. Rinse with water. Where necessary, use a broom and high pressure water hosing in order to clean the base surface. Allow water to completely dry before proceeding. Roof substrate must drain within 48 hours.
(2) Built-up Roofing: Must be 6 months or older. Clean and prime first with 1 gallon per 100 square feet of PRODUCT NO. 297-X, before application of finished white surfacing.
(3) Granule Surface: Must be clean, sound surface with no loose or foreign material.
(4) Rusty metal must be cleaned with a wire brush and primed with PRODUCT NO. 295-G. Asphalt primer prior to application of PRODUCT NO. 297-X and PRODUCT NO. 302 Enviro-Coat Roof Coating. All fasteners must be tightly secured or replaced and encapsulated with PRODUCT NO. 501-W Patching Compound. In addition, all roof seams and flashings must be covered with PRODUCT NO. 501-W Patching Compound and membrane reinforcement.
APPLICATION. Stir in container until uniform in color and consistency. For Brushing: Use a soft nylon bristle broom or brush and apply with long even strokes. Avoid over-brushing. Do not attempt to retouch while film is drying. Wait until cured before applying second coat. For Roller: Medium to long nap for textured or rough surfaces. For Spray: Airless spray system with a minimum working pressure of 3000 PSI. Coverage rates will vary depending on porosity of surface as well as roof pitch. One coat can suffice, however, two coats are recommended for maximum reflectivity, durability and life cycle. Recommended application is two coats applied at right angles to previous coat by brush, roller or spray. First coat must dry before second coat is applied.
During application, keep tools clean and free from coating build up by rinsing frequently with water. Do not apply over uncured cold applied asphalt coating, wooden shingles, shakes, flood coats of hot melt asphalt or coal tar, or bare or rusted steel. Asphalt must be dull, not glossy. Do not apply unless temperature is 50°F and rising. Do not apply when rain or frost is forecast within 24 hours after application. In addition, conditions of high humidity will prevent curing in the usual four hours. Avoid heavy foot traffic.
RECOMMENDED COVERAGE RATES. (1) Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing – 3 gal/ 100 sq. ft.; (2) Metal Roofing – 1 to 2 gal/100 sq. ft.; (3) Concrete Tile or Smooth Roll Roofing – 1.5 to 2 gal/100 sq. ft. (4) Re-coats 2 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
KEEP PRODUCT FROM FREEZING.
DO NOT APPLY TO ANY SURFACES THAT CONTAIN SILICONE.
CLEAN-UP. Use soapy water in order to clean brushes, tools and other equipment immediately after use. However, dried film may require paint remover.
|Dimensions||15 × 15 × 18 cm|
|Weight per Gallon||
|Solids by Weight*||
|Drying Time (50% Relative Humidity & 70°F)||
Touch/2 hrs – Firm/4 hrs minimum
< 150 grams/liter
Percentages stated are + or – 5%
|Approx. Shipping Weights:||
(All approximate weights include container)